With the help of http://www.thefreedictionary.com/strength I read that strength is defined as:
1. The state, property, or quality of being strong.
2. The power to resist attack; impregnability.
3. The power to resist strain or stress; durability.
4. The ability to maintain a moral or intellectual position firmly.
5. Capacity or potential for effective action: a show of strength.
Reading the various ways to capture really “broadened” the use of the term for me.
What brought me to asking you is because I’ve been asking myself this recently. What allows me to be strong (firm, direct, assertive) in some areas yet repeatedly “wimpy” in others. What makes us have both within us. My opinion on that – it makes us human. We all have both in us.
Here’s where I am going to explore for myself on this. When I am strong & stay strong – what does is feel like? How does it build within me? (i.e. is it learned? A habit? I naturally have “it”?). And on the flip side of it – where does “flimsy” start from? What makes me stay in it?
I embrace that we all have the combination in us. Now I’m looking to understand both sides so I can manipulate it to get more of what I’d like and enjoy both sides of “my coin”.